Friday, October 24, 2008

Just Wondering Why My Posts Get Mixed Up

I write many drafts before I publish, mostly because I don't have time to devote to blogging during one sitting; I piece it together as time permits. My schedule is amazing. Like most, I have a full and a half time job. I teach Biology now, so I'm learning the curriculum only weeks ahead of my students. This presents challenges and surprises.

Every day is a challenge - will I present the lesson with clarity, precision, professionalism? or will I blow it and show everyone what a brain-klutz I am? Most days my lessons are delivered well (even though I'm shaking in my Burkenstocks), and in reflection, my surprise moments are that I am able to leave work knowing that my students' time was well spent. Other days, however, I wonder why I am there. What made me believe that my artsy-fluffy-whimsy-whatever-self, could pull off fact? I want to discuss life deeper than cells and elements. I want to assign pages of, "So, If All Life Evolved From a Single Cell, Where Did the First Cell Come From?" or perhaps, "If Horton Heard a Who, Is It Possible That You Could Hear a How?"

The Language Arts still flows mightily in my veins. So What's Next? "Matt Cat Skateboard" - that's what's next.

No comments: